fbpx
News

JUST IN: Three die in gas explosion

Three persons including an infant all lost their lives on Wednesday in a gas explosion that occurred in Abeokuta, Ogun.

As reported by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the incident occurred around 3pm at Oke-Egunya, along NTA Road in Abeokuta South Local Government Area.

An eyewitness revealed the incident occurred when a technician was topping up the gas of a faulty refrigerator at a residence in the area.

“In the process of topping up gas into the refrigerator, there was an attraction of fire from someone cooking with firewood and there came an explosion,” the eyewitness said.

The Director of Fire Service in the state, Mr Fatai Adefala while confirming the incident, said after receiving the distress call, his men wasted no time in rushing to the scene to salvage the situation.

According to him, upon getting to the scene, they discovered it was a gas explosion.

He confirmed three were burnt to death as they were caught up with the explosion.

“We received a distress call at 3:15 pm at Oke-Igbore. We learnt it was a spark of fire. On getting there, we discovered it was a gas explosion.

“What really happened was that they were cooking outside with fire and unfortunately the gas exploded.

“They were trying to top the gas in the fridge, in the process, it exploded.

“Three lives were lost, one infant was among them. For now, the bodies are still lying there. You know it was those who are living in that house that were affected. It is an ancient building,” he said.

Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker